Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Trip to the Vet

You should be really glad you're human.

We had to go to the vet last week, and I'll tell you it was horrible. Well, riding in the car was fun, especially sitting on top of the seat looking out the window and exploring the sweaty bike stuff in the bicky back.

But the vet. First we get there and there are all these dogs - HUGE dogs - barking and growling and generally trying to eat us. I've never been so scared. This is no way to treat a cat.

After a while we went into this little room and got to sit in a white plastic basket. All the humans were yapping about something called a "scale" and how I weigh less than my brother. Whatever. We were just getting into our exploration of this fun place (it even had a keyboard!!) when the VETERINARY ASSISTANT came in with her torture devices.

Oh, sure, she acted nice, and petted us, but that was just an act. First she grabbed me by the stomach, stuck this cold round thing on my chest, and wouldn't let me go, then stuck a cold glass tube up my butt! What's a temperature, anyway?

But the worst, the absolute WORST, was something called a "shot." I'd rather have distemper. The vet went through three needles on my brother. Poor kitty, he was so distraught after this experience he slept in the car all the way home.

Going to the vet is a drag, but at least we don't have to worry about washing our hands after we go to the litter box!

No comments: